NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Welcome to the website of FAIRVIEW PARK TOWN CENTRE (“Fairview Park Town Centre”) , which is operated by its owner, Fairland Resources Limited. We hope you will enjoy surfing our website. In the course of doing so, some personal information of yourself may be collected. We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information we hold by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong (“Ordinance”) with respect to the management of personal information.
NOTICE OF COLLECTION
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
The information collected will be used for the following:
- monitoring use of our website to help its further development;
- compiling aggregate statistics about our visitors to analyze site usage;
- communicating with users in respect of matters related to or arising from the use of the services offered on this website;
- providing information related to the Fairview Park Town Centre, the products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages from time to time offered by the Fairview Park Town Centre or service providers to visitors and rallying and arranging for the same to be provided (see also Use of Information in Direct Marketing);
- evaluating and improving the facilities, services and/or products offered by the Fairview Park Town Centre;
- facilitating communications between visitors and the Fairview Park Town Centre and encouraging feed-back from visitors on their needs and expectations of facilities, services and/or products offered by the Fairview Park Town Centre;
- comparing visitors’ personal information with all personal information concerning visitors previously provided to the Fairview Park Town Centre in order to determine the visitors’ eligibility to any products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages offered by the Fairview Park Town Centre and consider what may best suit visitors’ needs;
- Use of Information in Direct Marketing: We intend to use all information provided by you as a visitor including your name, contact details and all other information which may assist us to understand the goods and services which you might be interested in, for delivering the aforesaid information and conducting direct marketing including products, services, advice and subjects in relation to the followings: shops, hotels, shopping malls and the events therein, telecommunication, information technology, transport infrastructure operations and reward/loyalty/privilege programmes, charitable and non-profitable causes. We may not so use or provide the said information unless we have received your consent. Please indicate your consent by checking the suitable box while making applications on-line; and/or
- if required by legislation, law or under court order of any competent jurisdiction or upon request by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organization, disclosure within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”).
Visitors’ information will not generally be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify them except those to parties relevant and reasonably necessary for the purposes stated above.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The type of data we collect from you depends on the type of services requested by you. The type of personal data that may be collected include, but not limited to, the following:
- your personal information (e.g. your name, date of birth, gender Hong Kong Identity Card Number, passport number);
- your contact information (e.g. telephone numbers, correspondence address, email address, fax number);
- your business information (e.g. company name, business title, business address)
- your comments or preferences;
- your replies and comments to our surveys, contest, promotional offers, events (whether conducted by us or on our behalf); and/or
- information collected by our systems in the course of using our website or other services (e.g. IP address, browser details, location information, type of device).
The provision of some of the above information is necessary to provide visitors with the various services and activities offered on this web site. You are not obliged to supply the data, but if the data is not supplied to us, we may be unable to provide you with the requisite services and activities.
We take all practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which such data is or is to be used.
SECURITY OF DATA
We take all practicable steps to ensure that any personal data is securely held in our system and is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use.
Only trained, authorized staff and data processor shall have access to the data, and, unless expressly authorized by visitors, we do not release personal data to parties outside our group except as set out in this notice.
You have the right to request access to and/or correction of your Personal Data held by us in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance.
For access request, please fill in the Data Access Request Form (No.OPS003 issued by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data) or any other form as prescribed by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong.
Any data access request or data correction request may be made to our Data Protection Officer in one of the following ways:
- By Email:
- By Post:
- Data Protection Officer,
- Unit No.9-11, 1/F., Block A, Town Centre, Fairview Park, Yuen Long, New Territories, Hong Kong.
We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request under the Ordinance. Failure to pay such fee may result in such request being refused.
CHANGE OF NOTICE AND STATEMENT
We may amend or change this Notice and Statement from time to time. Our use of information about you will be governed by the most recent Notice and Statement in effect. Your use of this website signifies your consent to the most recent Notice and Statement in force.